Job title: Director of the Agronomy Program
Immediate boss: CEO of Cenicaña
Dependence: Agronomy Program
Place of work: Experimental station, via Cali - Florida Km. 26.
Purpose of the charge:
Direct the Agronomy Program, identifying priorities and formulating proposals that provide a solution to the technological requirements for the management of sugarcane cultivation, especially in the aspects of the relationship between soil, water, plant, environment and the technological package of the varieties produced. by the Center, using the Site-Specific Agriculture approach and in accordance with the policies and purposes of Cenicaña; in such a way that these technological results respond to the expectations of the clients, achieving increases in productivity per unit of area, the profitability of the producers, preserving natural resources.
The transfer of results and the achievement of adoption, through permanent interaction with the users of the technology and participation in the transfer activities required by the Center, constitute one of the important challenges of the position.
- Professional degree from a national or foreign university of recognized academic level, in Agronomic Engineering or Agricultural Engineering, with professional registration.
- Doctorate with emphasis in any of the following areas: Soils, Agricultural Mechanization, Irrigation and Drainage, Plant Physiology, Production Models.
- Fluent English, speaking, reading and writing, essential.
Indispensable, 5 years in:
- Management of areas and processes in the field similar to the cultivation of sugar cane
- Management of experimental designs and statistical analysis.
- Management of job performance indices.
- Management of environmental indices.
- Presentation of research results.
- Drafting of technical-scientific articles.
- Demonstration of achievements in executed research projects.
- Quality and knowledge management in occupational health.
Specific competences of the position:
- Identify practices that improve the profitability of the crop and the sustainability of natural resources.
- Characterize the physiological aspects of the crop and its relationship with production under different agroecological conditions.
- Develop models that describe crop production under different agroecological and management conditions.
- Identify state-of-the-art technologies that can be applied to crop management in a way that allows decisions to be made that improve productivity and profitability.
- Generate information based on experimental and commercial results according to customer needs.
- Formulate research projects based on the needs and opportunities of the programs and the sector.
- Budgeting the resource needs to achieve the purposes of the processes.
- Program the activities necessary to achieve the objectives of the processes.
- Manage resources and national and international alliances necessary for the execution of the projects and the activities of the processes.
- Present reports for internal and external use according to requirements.
- Evaluate the results of the processes by using the established indicators.
- Propose initiatives that benefit the processes and the institution.
- Implement improvements in the technologies used that contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the processes.
- Resource and staff management: Optimize the assigned resources and personnel, achieving the proposed objectives.
- Ability to plan and organize: establish objectives by defining goals, actions and responsibilities consistent with institutional strategies.
- Interaction with the environment: Interact with representatives of the different sectors of the community, bearing in mind that their actions must strengthen the institutional image.
- Comprehensive vision: identify challenging opportunities of institutional and sectoral interest proposing attainable goals.
Research Center of Sugar Cane of Colombia, Cenicaña.
Experimental Station, via Cali-Florida km 26, San Antonio de los Caballeros, Florida, Valle del Cauca, Colombia.
General terms of employment:
Cenicaña offers a competitive salary based on the applicant's experience.
Have a driving license, be linked to professional and/or scientific associations. Residence in Cali or Palmira.
Candidates should send their resume to email@example.com
Deadline: Monday, February 28, 2022
We invite you to learn more about CENICAÑA by accessing the website: www.cenicana.org