- This event has passed.
SAR radar workshop
19 May 2022 | 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
The use of SAR Radar images in agriculture is becoming more and more common, however, it is necessary to deepen the knowledge of the advantages and limitations of the methodology, as well as its operating principles. This workshop aims to address the operating bases of the technique and its potential applications in areas such as crop growth monitoring, soil moisture estimation, extraction of biophysical variables and, in general, products of agronomic interest. This event brings together professionals with not only theoretical but also practical knowledge from national and international institutions.
Who is it for:
- mill staff
- Technical Assistants
- Supplier Staff
- Other players in the sector
Know the potential of SAR radar images (Synthetic Aperture Radar) to obtain products of interest for agriculture, particularly for the cultivation of sugar cane.
- Basic concepts of SAR radar and calculation of variables
- Experiences and practical examples of the use of radar images in the cultivation of sugarcane
- Processing and handling of satellite data for its operational production and visualization of the Field Look platform for the visualization and interaction of the user with satellite information
- SAR Decision Agriculture
- Use of radar images to monitor sugarcane, a case study of the geographic valley of Valle del Cauca
- Radar Applications in Agriculture
- Success story in Colombia