Job Title: Precision Agriculture Researcher
Dependency: Agronomy Program
Immediate boss: Director of Agronomy Program
Work site: Experimental station, via Cali - Florida Km. 26.
The objective of this call is to select and hire a full-time professional to fill a vacancy in the position of precision agriculture, in the Cenicaña Agronomy Program
Type of contract:
An initial fixed-term contract with a duration of one (1) year with the possibility of an indefinite contract, according to the fulfillment of objectives and work performance, according to the requirements established in the position and the Internal Work Regulations of Cenicaña.
Cenicaña Experimental Station, via Cali - Florida km 26, San Antonio de los Caballeros, Florida, Valle del Cauca, Colombia. Displacement is required to each of the Mills and to the sugarcane crops, located in the Cauca River valley.
Cenicaña offers a highly competitive salary based on training, professional experience, intellectual production of the applicant, with excellent working conditions.
Professional in one of the following engineering fields: Agricultural, Agronomic, Geographical, Topographical, Forestry or related careers with a doctorate in one of the following areas: Precision Agriculture, Geomatics, Digital Agriculture, Remote Sensing or similar, with experience in the application of precision agriculture in agricultural processes, preferably with knowledge in the cultivation of sugarcane, big data for analysis of agricultural phenomena and based on the application of the scientific method for the planning and development of research in the area of interest.
The selected professional will work as Coordinator of the Precision Agriculture area in the Cenicaña Agronomy Program and will carry out research, technological development, innovation and extension tasks, according to the needs and requirements of the Sugar Cane Agroindustrial Sector. of Colombia and the Cenicaña guidelines, specifically.
- Design, plan, manage and coordinate research, technological development, innovation and extension activities carried out in the area of precision agriculture.
- Identify problems, technological, automation and mechanization needs and propose solutions with the precision agriculture approach, to improve the productivity and profitability of sugarcane cultivation.
- Accompany and advise mills and sugarcane growers in the selection and evaluation of precision agriculture strategies and practices to improve the productivity and profitability of sugarcane cultivation.
- Permanently interact with officials of sugar mills, sugarcane growers, service provider companies, universities, state companies and in general with users of precision agriculture technologies.
- Prepare and disseminate reports of results with a scientific structure, participate in work meetings in Cenicaña, Mills and Institutions of the Agricultural Sector.
- Disseminate and transfer research results through different means to the staff of the Sugar Mills, Growers, Cenicaña Researchers and other related actors.
- Interact responsibly and adequately with human resources and make efficient use of the physical and financial resources used in the scientific research process.
- Promote sustainable management and conservation of natural resources.
- CV which must include: Certificates of academic training according to the requested profile, professional experience with a summary of the activities in which you have participated, research or development or innovation projects in which you have participated, academic or scientific publications, registration ORCID or CvLac if you have it.
- It is essential to demonstrate proficiency in the English language. Other languages can contribute positively to the merits of the selection.
- Driving license for private vehicles type campero.
- Availability to travel throughout the sugarcane production area in the valleys of the Cauca and Risaralda rivers.
- Orientation towards the attention and solution of problems to our clients.
- Initiative to solve problems and work under quality standards.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and communication skills to interact with people at all levels.
- Creative thinking and self-criticism.
- Personality aimed at continuous improvement (personal and professional) and work in a cooperative environment.
- Planning capabilities and good organization.
Candidates must send their resume and letter of motivation and interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes that do not reach this email will not be taken into account.
Deadline: April 30th 2023