The Colombian Sugar Cane Research Center seeks Agronomist Engineer to be linked to the Variety Program, Genetic Improvement area, to the Variety Selection and Development project -Regional Tests-. This position offers an excellent job and professional growth opportunity for the selected researcher. Said researcher will be part of a multidisciplinary group of plant breeders, entomologists, phytopathologists and molecular biologists, whose objective is the production of sugarcane varieties with high productivity and performance.
- Establishment of regional testing trials aimed at the adoption of varieties by the Colombian sugarcane agroindustrial sector.
- Sowing and monitoring of variety seedbeds.
- Support to suppliers and mills in the evaluation and execution of field treatment validation tests.
- Recommendation of varieties of sugarcane under the approach of Specific Agriculture by Site.
- Realization of field days.
- Preparation of periodic progress reports.
- Participation in group meetings.
- Professional in Agronomic Engineering.
- Minimum of 1 year of field work experience.
- Experience in establishing research trials is desirable.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies.
- Knowledge of crop development and agronomic behavior.
- Knowledge of statistics, genetics and data analysis and interpretation.
- Coordination and communication skills (spoken and written) are required.
- Have a vehicle driving license.
- Availability to move throughout the sugar cane production area and to work extended hours.
- Orientation towards the achievement of results.
- Initiative to solve problems and work with high quality standards.
- Excellent interpersonal relationships and communication skills to interact with people at all levels.
- Creative thinking and self-criticism.
- Personality aimed at continuous improvement (personal and professional) and work in a cooperative environment.
- Planning capabilities and good organization.
Cenicaña Experimental Station, via Cali – Florida km 26, San Antonio de los Caballeros, Florida, Valle del Cauca, Colombia.
Terms of employment:
The employment contract is for one year, renewable depending on performance and goals met. CENICAÑA offers a competitive salary based on the applicant's experience. The work schedule is from 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
Candidates must send their resume and letter of motivation and interest to the mail email@example.com indicating the name of the call.
Deadline: December 20th 2023