Required: Agricultural Engineer or Biologist - Resilient Variety Development
The Colombian Sugar Cane Research Center seeks Agricultural Engineer o Biologist to join the Variety Program, Genetic Improvement area, in the project "Development of resilient Varieties". This position offers an excellent job and professional growth opportunity for the selected researcher. Said researcher will be part of a multidisciplinary group of plant breeders, entomologists, plant pathologists and molecular biologists, whose objective is the production of varieties of sugarcane with high productivity and yield.
- Design of trials aimed at evaluating the response of sugarcane populations to abiotic stress conditions.
- Production of sugar cane plants for the establishment of the trials.
- Design of experiments, monitoring and statistical analysis of information.
- Evaluation of the resilience of sugarcane varieties to abiotic problems.
- Execution of validation tests in greenhouse and field.
- Preparation of periodic progress reports.
- Participation in group meetings.
- Highest educational level M.Sc. in Agricultural Sciences or related.
- Minimum experience of 2 years in design, establishment and monitoring of field trials under abiotic stresses.
- Knowledge of design of experiments and statistical data analysis.
- It is desirable to have experience working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Coordination and communication skills are required (spoken and written)
- Orientation towards the achievement of results.
- Initiative to solve problems and work with high quality standards.
- Excellent interpersonal relationships and communication skills to interact with people at all levels.
- Creative thinking and self-criticism.
- Personality aimed at continuous improvement (personal and professional) and work in a cooperative environment.
- Planning capabilities and good organization.
Research Center of Sugar Cane of Colombia, Cenicaña.
Experimental Station, via Cali-Florida km 26, San Antonio de los Caballeros, Florida, Valle del Cauca, Colombia.
General terms of employment:
The employment contract is for one year, renewable depending on performance and goals achieved. Cenicaña offers a competitive salary based on the applicant's experience.
Working hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 am - 4:30 pm at the Experimental Station via Cali-Florida km 26, San Antonio de los Caballeros. Florida. Cauca's Valley.
Candidates must send their resume and letter of motivation and interest to email@example.com.
Deadline: Tuesday 23 of April of 2021
We invite you to learn more about CENICAÑA by accessing the website: www.cenicana.org