Required: Agricultural Engineer - Variety Adoption
Job title: AGRICULTURAL ENGINEER
Unit: VARIETIES PROGRAM
Immediate boss: VARIETIES PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Work site: Experimental station, via Cali - Florida Km. 26.
The Colombian Sugar Cane Research Center seeks Agronomist Engineer to be linked to the Variety Program, Genetic Improvement area, to the Seedling Multiplication and Variety Adoption project. This position offers an excellent job and professional growth opportunity for the selected researcher. Said researcher will be part of a multidisciplinary group of plant breeders, entomologists, phytopathologists and molecular biologists, whose objective is the production of varieties of sugarcane with high productivity and yield.
- Establishment of trials aimed at the adoption of varieties by the Colombian sugarcane agroindustrial sector.
- Planting and monitoring of seedlings of varieties of stage I and stage II of adoption.
- Support to suppliers and mills in the evaluation and execution of field treatment validation tests.
- Recommendation of varieties of sugarcane under the approach of Specific Agriculture by Site.
- Realization of field days.
- Preparation of periodic progress reports.
- Participation in group meetings.
- Professional in Agronomic Engineering
- Minimum 1 year of field work experience
- It is desirable to have experience in technology marketing
- Knowledge of marketing strategies
- Knowledge of development and agronomic behavior of crops
- Knowledge of statistics, genetics and data analysis and interpretation
- Coordination and communication skills are required (spoken and written)
- Have a vehicle driving license
- Availability to move throughout the sugarcane production area
- Orientation towards the achievement of results.
- Initiative to solve problems and work with high quality standards.
- Excellent interpersonal relationships and communication skills to interact with people at all levels.
- Creative thinking and self-criticism.
- Personality aimed at continuous improvement (personal and professional) and work in a cooperative environment.
- Planning capabilities and good organization.
Research Center of Sugar Cane of Colombia, Cenicaña.
Experimental Station, via Cali-Florida km 26, San Antonio de los Caballeros, Florida, Valle del Cauca, Colombia.
General terms of employment:
The employment contract is for one year, renewable depending on performance and goals achieved. Cenicaña offers a competitive salary based on the applicant's experience.
Working hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 am - 4:30 pm at the Experimental Station via Cali-Florida km 26, San Antonio de los Caballeros. Florida. Cauca's Valley.
Candidates must send their resume and letter of motivation and interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Tuesday 23 of April of 2021
We invite you to learn more about CENICAÑA by accessing the website: www.cenicana.org