The Colombian Sugar Cane Research Center is looking for a lead researcher for the phytopathology area of the CENICAÑA variety program. This position offers an excellent job opportunity and professional growth for the selected researcher. Said researcher will lead a multidisciplinary group focused on the genetic improvement of sugarcane. The vacancy also offers an opportunity to interact with both national and international groups.
- Lead the research of the CENICAÑA phytopathology area and promote the fulfillment of the acquired objectives.
- Coordinate predefined activities (meetings, periodic reports, presentations, among others) of the CENICAÑA phytopathology research group.
- Ensure compliance with the indicators of the services offered by the phytopathology area.
- Accompany the varietal selection process, identifying the genotypes that meet the requirements of each selection state.
- Permanently offer a comprehensive vision of crop health research.
- Coordinate and execute the activities required for the export and import of plant material.
- Management of the open quarantine station.
- Accompany and contribute to the solution of the needs of farmers and sugar mills in the Colombian sugarcane sector.
- Agricultural engineer or professional in biological sciences with a doctorate from a national or foreign university, with an emphasis on Phytopathology or plant health.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in integrated disease management.
- Knowledge in the integration of modern molecular biology technologies and their application in phytopathological research.
- High communication skills (spoken and written).
- High level (conversational and writing) in the English language.
- Orientation towards the achievement of results.
- Initiative to solve problems and work with high quality standards.
- Excellent interpersonal relationships and communication skills to interact with people at all levels.
- Creative thinking and self-criticism.
- Personality aimed at continuous improvement (personal and professional) and work in a cooperative environment.
- Planning capabilities and good organization.
Cenicaña Experimental Station, via Cali – Florida km 26, San Antonio de los Caballeros, Florida, Valle del Cauca, Colombia.
Terms of employment:
The contract is for an indefinite term. CENICAÑA offers a competitive salary based on the experience of the applicant. The working hours are from 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
Candidates must send their resume and letter of motivation and interest to the mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: August 30st, 2023