Service of multiplication and propagation of varieties
The service consists of:The multiplication and propagation of sugarcane varieties for the establishment of healthy, pathogen-free seedbeds, through two variety multiplication systems: the conventional system and the system of plants from individual yolks.
Available varieties:Below are the varieties available for immediate delivery.
|Variety||By plant system from individual buds (# of plants available)||By conventional system (# of seed packages available)|
To request the service:
- Fill in the form (PDF — Excel)
- and send it to the Cenicaña Phytopathologist, email@example.com Fax: (57) (2) 2607853
Aspects to consider:The seed and plants (with or without sowing) are delivered to the Cenicaña Experimental Station; therefore, transportation is the responsibility of the applicant. In the case of choosing plants for mechanical sowing, the transport of the semiautomatic seeder is also borne by the applicant; in addition, the applicant must provide the tractor with driver. Delivery times for pathogen-free material depend on the chosen seed multiplication system:
- Conventional system: 15 business days.
- Plant system from individual buds: 90 business days.
Value of the donor service
- The cost of the seed (pesos x ton) from the conventional system is calculated in accordance with a contract of 58 kg of sugar per ton of cane, valued at the weighted average price of sugar on the date of the service request.
- The cost of the plant (pesos) from individual buds, according to the type of service, is as follows:
Type of service Donors Non donors no sowing $ 336 $ 482 with manual sowing $ 395 $ 554 with mechanical sowing * $ 357 $ 538
Of interest: sugarcane seed
The requirements to obtain high quality seed are the following: high genetic purity of the variety, free of pathogens, low or no incidence of Diatraea spp., coming from hot water treated seedbeds, first or second cut seedbeds, optimal cutting age between 7 and 9 months and disinfestation of cutting tools (machetes) with 2% Aviyodox or 2% Vanodine.