This online tool developed by Cenicaña improves and integrates different geospatial data services of the sugarcane agroindustry, to facilitate the use of this information by mills and growers. Here, some of its utilities:
- By neighborhood: allows you to compare the productivity of a lot with the lots located up to five kilometers around in the selected year.
- By potential: allows comparing a lot with the historical productivity (organized in production quartiles) of neighboring lots that have similar characteristics, such as agro-ecological zoning and soil consociation.
New cartographic layers with information on:
- Floors: Rapidly Usable Water Sheet (LARA) and permeability.
- Productivity: monthly indicators of TCH and TAH.
- Vegetation indices made from Landsat and MODIS images, which allows knowing the conditions in which the crop is developed.
Provides cartographic data, with OGC standards.
It incorporates the following resources:
- RMA Weather Maps with new query variables.
- Checking the humidity group with drainage infrastructure.
- Satellite imagery to see the cloud cover for the last six hours.
- Rinex files coming from the Cenicaña GNSS base.
- Provide access routes to each kind of the sugarcane agroindustry through Google maps.
- Construction of a topographic profile from two points.
- Coordinate converter.
How to access the Geoportal
Enter the site www.cenicana.org and identify the Geoportal icon. It is essential to have a password to access the website; If you do not have it, contact your mill or Cenicaña's Technical Cooperation and Technology Transfer Service: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone: 602 5246611 ext. 5168. More information about the Geoportal at: email@example.com.
KEEP IN MIND
The selection of information and the visualization of it is one of the great advantages of the Geoportal. In addition, the Map Server, integrated into this tool, has more query options to enrich the information associated with the luck of the cane.