Foliar tissue analysis service for fertilization recommendations
Foliar tissue analysis is a complementary method of soil analysis for fertilization recommendations in sugarcane crops.
Samples for analysis should be taken directly by the grower, who must send them in the shortest possible time to the Chemistry Laboratory located in the Experimental Station of Cenicaña. Via Cali-Florida km 26. San Antonio de los Caballeros, Florida, Valle del Cauca. Tel. (2) 5246611
How to take foliar tissue samples?
Sampling of leaves should be carried out on crops with ages of 3.0 months, 4.5 or 6.0 months, preferably before 9 am.
- To enter the field it is recommended to use one of the two ways indicated in figure 1.
- In a kind or plank no larger than 10 hectares, select 25 leaves that correspond to the first one with a visible neck, also known as a TVD sheet (Figure 2).
- Once the 25 sheets have been collected, remove the upper and lower thirds from each one, leaving only the middle third, approximately 40 cm, for shipment (Figure 3). Immediately remove the central vein from each sample, which is easily detached if it starts to tear from the bottom up.
- Make up a package with the leaf blades and tie them at the ends. Mark a label with the information required by the laboratory.
How are samples received in the laboratory?
To use the foliar tissue analysis service in the Cenicaña Chemistry laboratory, the user must request an appointment in which he will deliver:
- Samples of foliar tissue.
- The Service Request form filled out to:
- External customer: Download
- Internal customer: Cenicaña staff only
(Fill in the two tabs of the downloaded file: Request and Sample List)
- Copy of the consignment or payment receipt (Bancolombia Savings Account No. 3068-7171-376)
- Copy of the single tax registration certificate (RUT)
Note: The Cenicaña Chemistry laboratory will only receive the samples that are delivered with the form completely filled out.
Foliar tissue samples are received in the Chemistry laboratory located in the experimental station of Cenicaña, from Monday to Friday, from 7:30 am to 12:00 m and from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
Service value by type of analysis
Includes the elements nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), potassium (K), calcium (Ca) and magnesium (Mg)
Cost for major elements: $ 40,070
Cost per item: $ 9,490
It includes the elements iron (Fe), manganese (Mn), copper (Cu), zinc (Zn) and boron (B).
Cost for minor items: $ 52,740
Cost per item: $ 11,600
COMPLETE ANALISIS: $ 92,810
It includes major elements plus minor elements.
Sulfur (S): $ 9,490.
All prices are effective as of January 1, 2021. Estimated time for delivery of results: fifteen (15) business days from receipt of samples.
Methodologies for tissue analysis