- This event has passed.
Recognition and management of borers and Mechanism, action and importance of beneficials in the cultivation of sugarcane. | Webinar
April 6 | 9:00 am - 10:00 am
At the end of the training participants will be able to:
- Discriminate the damage caused by Diatraea spp. that caused by other insects that attack the cane stalks, based on the particular characteristics of the types of damage.
- Carry out the sampling of the borers according to the recommendations of Cenicaña.
- Estimate the level of infestation according to the established function and calculate its economic impact on production.
- Recognize control measures for managing Diatraea spp. offered by different commercial laboratories.
- Apply control measures to Diatraea spp. in accordance with the level of damage observed and the recommendations of Cenicaña.
- Estimate the benefit / cost ratio of the biological control measures of Diatraea spp.