- This event has passed.
Recognition of sugarcane diseases and preventive management | Webinar.
17 August 2021 | 10:00 am - 11:30 am
At the end of the training participants will be able to:
- Identify and know the symptoms and signs of the most frequent sugarcane diseases in Colombia.
- Differentiate in sugarcane the symptoms due to diseases from those caused by genetic and physiological disorders, meteorological phenomena or by insects and sooty mold.
- To evaluate the incidence and severity of the main sugarcane diseases in Colombia.
- Take the foliar tissue sample for the diagnosis of diseases in the sugarcane crop with the procedures established in the Cenicaña Disease Diagnosis Service.
- Decide when to go to the Cenicaña Field and Laboratory Physiopathological Inspection Service and know how to do it.
- Request in Cenicaña the Multiplication and Propagation of Varieties Service.