- This event has passed.
Meteoportal: support tool for crop management. HWeb | M2.
may 19 | 9:00 am - 9:50 am
During the OnLine event, we will be talking about:
The Meteoportal, a tool created by Cenicaña to support the practice of Site Specific Agriculture (AEPS) in the cultivation of sugar cane in the Cauca river valley. In this tool, the main atmospheric variables recorded by the Automated Meteorological Network of the sugarcane agroindustry in Colombia are consulted.
In this event we will address Module 2 (M2) of the virtual training: Use of the tools available at www.cenicana.org to support decision-making in the management of sugarcane cultivation (The short title of this training is Web Tools or HWeb).
Start date and time: 19 May 2020 | 9:00 am. Cali, Colombia. (UTC -5)
Duration: 50 minutes (OnLine event)
Dedication: In addition to the OnLine event, 60 minutes of individual participant work (at your own pace, in the time the participant has).
Ir a registration page
Work methodology to develop the M2 (virtual training):
Presentation of the contents of the Facilitator during the OnLine event and a subsequent individual practice of the participant, and feedback between both.
- Facilitator Online Presentation: M2. Meteoportal. Climate in the Cauca river valley.
- After the OnLine event, the Participant individually develops the workshop delivered by the Facilitator.
- After solving the workshop, the Participant answers a virtual assessment, with a response deadline.
- After the response deadline, the Facilitator shares the correct responses from the workshop through a video tutorial.
- A virtual space is established to clarify doubts if necessary. The virtual space is the Google Classroom platform.
- If the Participant does not respond to the virtual evaluation, Cenicaña will not certify attendance at the OnLine event.
At the end of Module 2 (M2) participants will be able to:
- Efficiently manage the Meteoportal tool for the practice of AEPS in the cultivation of sugar cane
The other modules of the virtual training HWeb They have particular learning objectives, which will be shared in the development of each module.
Overview of virtual training in HWeb (All modules):
The other modules of the virtual training HWeb They will be developed with the same work methodology (OnLine Event + Participant's individual work + Virtual evaluation + feedback information). You can check the scheduled events and register from www.cenicana.org/events.
The full content of the training HWeb is
- M1. Geoportal: a support tool for the management of sugarcane cultivation (Apr 21, 2020)
- M2. Meteoportal. Climate in the Cauca River Valley (May 19, 2020)
- M3. GRT. Technical Recommendations Guide (no date)
- M4. Other tools available at www.cenicana.org to support decision-making on the farm: BH, CAR, SEF, Verificar GH, Iso Curves (no date)
The Participant can register in the modules they want. No module is a prerequisite for another. Attendance to each OnLine module will be certified when the Participant completes the virtual assessment before the end of the response deadline.
Computer use is recommended portable or desktop to develop each workshop. For OnLine events where the contents of each module are presented, the Participant can connect from any device, including by cell phone (mobile phone).
Ir a registration page
Hernan Felipe Silva Ceron
Social Communicator, M.Des. Web Administrator. Cenicaña
Technical Cooperation and Technology Transfer Service